DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS?
The GS Giants is an organization built from volunteers, and under no circumstances would we dare to put anything above your personal lives. Therefore, a few weeks ago, our Marketing Director, Cinda Kelley, and our Secretary, Rob Nye, informed us that personal life has gotten into the way and they couldn't dedicate as much time as they would like to for their duties.
Per our bylaws, the applicants for these two positions will come from the general membership, you. Then the Board of Directors will vote and select the replacement of the two departing members.
This role is crucial to our family, and we ask you first to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask us any questions you may have before considering applying.
- The Secretary takes minutes of each Townhall Meeting and each Board of Directors meeting in writing and reads them at the next meeting; said minutes should be maintained and made available to any member for seven (7) years.
- The Secretary shall maintain a certified copy of the Articles of Incorporation, these by-laws, and the minutes and other necessary documents relating to the Club and its existence and shall have these documents available for inspection by any member or Director.
- The Secretary shall maintain an official history of club documents and official actions, a tickler file for all activities and business events requiring action and ensure that appropriate persons are advised and action initiated.
- The Secretary shall maintain Liability Waivers for event participation. Coordinate and perform such other duties as assigned by the President. The Secretary is authorized to expend such efforts or funds as the Secretary may require (with the concurrence or review of the President or Board of Directors) in the necessary performance of lawful duties, publication, or dissemination of any article, Newsletter, Articles of Incorporation, these by-laws, or other documents, material, publications, or advertising within the context of the Club, its requirements, and its enhancement and promotion.
- The Secretary has voting power during the Board Meetings.
- The Secretary shall replace the Treasurer when the latter cannot attend or perform his or her necessary duties and functions.
This family has come a long way because of volunteers looking forward to giving back to the community. We would be nothing without you. And for that, we thank you!