Picture by Tim McWhorter
There are no words to express how I feel after the 2019 GS Giants Go Big Rally (Four Corners), in Dolores, CO.
The location couldn't be better. The Colorado BDR and the Alpine Loop offered our members some of the best on and off-road routes of this Country. The camping (The Views RV Park and Campground
) and the hosts Matt and Wendy, were just phenomenal! The weather was perfect with the temperatures reaching the low 80's during the day. We only had one evening 3-minute long shower, enough to keep the dust down. The GS Giants Challenge course was one of its kind. The Medical Team's help was impeccable. Everything was just great! All I could see were smiling faces and happy Giants.
Let's have a look at the numbers.
- The Rally was sold out within five weeks!
- 294 Giants joined us for the most anticipated event of the year.
- A combined of 300,000 miles were traveled from all over the Americas to join the Rally. Riders joined us from Canada, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil!
- Over 100 people volunteered to make this an unforgettable event.
- Four Gypsy Tours brought riders together from Colorado, Idaho, and Mexico!
- We gave away over $14,000 worth of products as door prizes from our thirty generous sponsors.
- Twelve vendors honored us with their presence.
- The Giants donated almost $1,000 to local charities!
But what made this event such a huge success was not just in the numbers. It was you. The Giants. And for that, I would like to share one of my favorite moments of the Rally. On Saturday night, during the E&O Medicine Show, I was enjoying my end-of-day "time off" when I remembered that we would need some help putting away the chairs and the tables. Following the best advise I got prior the Rally, delegate, I thought to myself I should find someone to help coordinate the task. As I turned my head back, to my surprise, more than ten Giants were already up and had started putting away the tables and chairs. Without me asking... This is what the Giants do. I am not going to lie, that brought a tear to my eyes.
So, I think the words I am looking for are "THANK YOU."
Until next time, stay dirty, my friends!