Elections - it's time for a new VPEvery healthy organization has a plan for bringing in new leadership, and every member should get involved with these decisions. Since our beginning, leaders have stepped up to hold office, and they've also stepped down from office so that others can bring in new ideas. It is time for the GS Giants to elect a new Vice President. Now is the time to submit your candidate statements by the deadline below (no messing around now...) and send your candidate statement to our President. Please note that you must be a registered member to run for office and to vote. Your candidate statement should include a brief summary of your qualifications and why you would make a good GS Giant Vice President. The BoD will then review all the candidate statements received by the deadline and published the top 3 candidates and their statements on the website ballot for voting by registered GS Giant members. The election process will take place on the website only (not FB) we will direct FB members to the website for this information on the election.
- The period for candidate statements ends on June 5, 2018.
- Voting will be held here on our web site on June 15 until July 10, 2018
- Our new Vice President will be announced in July at the West Virginia Mountain Mayhem
The role as GS Giant vice president is an important one.
The main duty of the vice president is to assist the president and other club officers in completing the club's mission. It is also the vice president’s job to contribute to the club’s operations. To do this effectively, you must be involved with the work and understand the policies of the club. Sometimes it happens that the GS Giant president is prevented from carrying out the duties of his/her office for various reasons. The vice president should be prepared to act as the club leader in the absence of the president.
Vice President Club Duties include but not limited to:
- Preside over club meetings in the absence of the president.
- Gather material for and help edit a club newsletter. See that the newsletter is produced in conjunction with the club editor, webmaster, or equivalent.
- Attend club meetings and conference calls.
- Become thoroughly acquainted with the president’s duties so you can assist the president.
- Talk to prospective members on behalf of the GS Giants to help grow the club.
The vice president, is as responsible as the president in executing the president’s functions and duties properly. That means you must know the duties of each officer and member, and be able to lead your club with the other officers and members.
Our current VP, Russ Kruse, will be stepping up to lead the GS Giants as President. His skill with the bullhorn and as a referee should serve him extremely well in his new capacity!
Send in your candidate statement for Vice President now!